Update day: 04-12-2023
Category: Education / Training
Job type: Full-time
Job contentMONMOUTHSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
ROLE TITLE: Headteacher
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
POST ID: L
GRADE: Leadership Pay Scale L33-L39 (+ 20%) Group 7
SALARY: £94,245 - £109,116 per annum (+ 20%)
HOURS: Full time – 32.5
Monmouthshire County Council have an exciting career opportunity for a Headteacher to open and lead the new 3-19 all-through school in Abergavenny.
The governors are looking for an inspirational Headteacher who is committed to delivering improved educational provision for all pupils and students.
We Are Looking For a Leader Who Will
- ensure all pupils will have the support and opportunities to achieve their full potential;
- have a firm commitment to high quality educational provision;
- carry out the duties of a Headteacher as required by statute and as specified in the terms and conditions of service.
- have a proven track record as an effective school leader;
- have a comprehensive understanding of pedagogy and its importance in the design and delivery of the Curriculum for Wales;
- have a clear vision for the education of all pupils and promote the school’s aims, objectives and values, while embracing new initiatives;
- lead, develop, support and motivate all staff;
- communicate effectively at all levels: pupils, staff, parents and the wider community;
- foster and further develop links with the community;
- promote and embed a culture of inclusive practice for all pupils, and across all aspects of school life;
- set high expectations in order to achieve the best outcomes for all pupils;
- drive forward all aspects of planning in order to achieve the aims and vision of the school;
- monitor and evaluate the impact of teaching, learning and provision on pupil progress so that each individual pupil has every opportunity to reach their full potential;
- maintain, develop and encourage the broader life of the school and help to ensure a good work/school life balance for the school community;
- maintain, develop and promote partnerships with external agencies, the local community and cluster schools;
- manage resources and funding available to the school and ensure it is effectively and efficiently utilised;
- ensure all staff have regular opportunities to engage in a range of high-quality professional learning to develop teaching and leadership skills;
- In Wales, an NPQH qualification or significant experience as a substantive Headteacher is a requirement for this post.
Interested Candidates’ Open Day: Thursday, 23rd June 2022
Closing date: Friday, 1st July, 2022 at 12.00 noon
Shortlisting: Thursday, 7th July, 2022
Dates of interviews:Tuesday, 12th and Wednesday 13th July, 2022
Should you require any further information regarding this post, please contact:
Will McLean,Chief Officer for Children & Young People
Tel: 07834 435934
Interested candidates will have the opportunity to attend an Open Day on Thursday 23rd June, 2022.
Please contact Toni Pugsley, Lead HR Business Partner via email@example.com confirm attendance.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 £36,000 - £39,000 a year⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Swansea, Wales
💸 £26,444 - £29,605 a year⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Cardiff, Wales
💸 £385 - £425 a week⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Cardiff, Wales
⏰ 30-12-2023🌏 Cardiff, Wales
⏰ 15-12-2023🌏 Carmarthen, Wales