Update day: 06-12-2023
Job type: Part-time, Internship, Permanent
Salary: £20,910 a year
Mencap are recruiting for 2 part time permanent Job Coaches (hours to be discussed) to join our Lifestyle & Work team, working around the Worcestershire area, as part of the delivery of our Supported Internship Programme.
Our programme offers a wide range of benefits, helping young people with learning disabilities:
- To raise their aspirations
- Build skills and confidence
- Have a better understanding of employment
- Show employers what they can do
- Progress towards paid work, voluntary work or further education
You will be working with learners individually and in groups (online and face-to-face) to put their individual learning plans into action. These activities will include supporting learners to develop skills in the workplace, job search activities and travel training. You will play a large role in taking learners into paid employment.
You will need the ability to work on your own initiative. Good interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills as well as the ability to work effectively with learners, employers and parents/carers are essential. The ability to maintain accurate and up to date records using IT based systems is also required.
You will be required to find and liaise with Employers to offer work experience placements with the possibility of paid employment in some instances. Working with a variety of employers and their teams supporting their understanding of reasonable adjustments/ buddying opportunities and potential carving of roles to enable our students to learn and sustain tasks and requirements of the positions independently.
Job Coaching is a large part of this role, enabling students to learn roles and tasks within the workplace environment, building their skills and confidence to become independent, for some this may require travel training. Application and claims to Access to work will be required as well as ensuring the safety of our students and completion of all required H&S paperwork.
At Mencap, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone, so come as you are and join us. Together we are Mencap!
(Please see the Job Description and Personal Specification for a more extensive list of responsibilities, experiences and key skills required for this role).
All candidates offered an interview for this role will need to provide evidence of their GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent) at interview stage.
Please apply with an up to date CV.
This role will close on Monday 5th July and interviews will take place shortly after this date on Microsoft Teams.
JOB ID 21964
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader and welcome applicants with disabilities to apply for all roles with us. To find out more about the scheme please visit the direct gov website.
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions up to 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings. If you don’t join the Plan you start, you will be auto-enrolled after three months with us.
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service live cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness
- Loans for debt consolidation, bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap Extras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
- T&C’s apply based on contract
We work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose. Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist. We want to make you feel inspired to reach your potential.
Our work includes;
- providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
- providing advice through our help lines and web sites
- campaigning for the changes that people with a learning disability want
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 £10.95 - £11.85 an hour⏰ 18-12-2023🌏 Stratford-upon-Avon, West Midlands
💸 £10.80 an hour⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 Cannock, West Midlands
⏰ 24-12-2023🌏 Birmingham, West Midlands
⏰ 18-12-2023🌏 Birmingham, West Midlands
💸 Up to £65,000 a year⏰ 03-01-2024🌏 Birmingham, West Midlands
💸 £25,000 - £28,000 a year⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Birmingham, West Midlands
⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Telford, West Midlands
⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 Birmingham, West Midlands
⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Telford, West Midlands
⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Tamworth, West Midlands