Update day: 07-12-2023
Job type: Full-time, Part-time
You can move with us. Our dynamic career paths are designed for ambitious individuals to discover, develop and achieve more. We ask you to do your best to improve society with us, and in return we promise opportunities to progress in a company where the professionals are at the top of their game. Because the sharing culture, learning resources and scale of our projects will take you to an even higher level than you’re operating at now.
The purpose of this role is to provide logistics and office management services to the Chippenham site and to manage the fleet administration team for RI. The Logistics Manager is a key member of the manufacturing operations team and will lead a team of approximately 30 people including both permanent and contract staff. Responsibilities will include management of the goods receiving, packing and shipping team, facilities management, print room, Reception and site administration. Transport management and the control of lift planning and supervision will be a key responsibility for this role. A high level of focus on EHS&S assurance will be essential.
The role is open to both full time and part time applicants.
What are my responsibilities?
- Liaise with the Plant Manager to plan and provide appropriate resourcing for goods receiving, packing and on time shipping of products
- Manage the logistics operations carried out in the delivery yard including the safe loading and unloading, of vehicles, traffic management and allocation of space.
- Ensure that safe systems of work are implemented to facilitate lift planning and supervision
- Ensure that the transport of materials is carried out efficiently and in compliance with all mandatory regulations.
- Maintain security in the operational areas in compliance with all industry regulations
- Engage with key stakeholders on the Chippenham site to ensure that office management services are aligned with user requirements.
- Liaise with the Chippenham REM Location Manager to identify new requirements, ensure compliance to service level agreements and escalate the resolution of issues when required.
- Lead the fleet administration team to assure compliance with Siemens supply chain and fleet management policies
- Establish KPIs for the team and lead continuous improvement of processes to reduce cost and improve operational performance.
- Develop and implement an EHS&S plan for the team. Monitor performance against the plan and take appropriate action to improve if required.
- Take responsibility for performance management for all team members in accordance with Siemens management standards, and ensure personal development plans are agreed as appropriate
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Previous supervisory or managerial experience in a logistics role
- Excellent knowledge and experience in transport management. Transport Manager CPC qualification would be advantageous as well as FORS Practitioner qualification.
- Relevant experience and qualifications in facilities management would also be desirable
- Strong ‘people skills for working with a range of colleagues across different departments
- Professional communication skills
- Excellent track record in EHS&S management
- Numerate with good IT skills; e mail, MS Office and MRP/ERP systems or similar
What else do you need to know?
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK’s largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 £13.07 an hour⏰ 22-01-2024🌏 Bristol, South West
⏰ 31-12-2023🌏 Hayle, South West
⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Trowbridge, South West
⏰ 29-12-2023🌏 Frome, South West
⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 Swindon, South West
⏰ 26-12-2023🌏 Warminster, South West
⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Cullompton, South West
⏰ 31-12-2023🌏 Yate, South West
💸 £90 - £100 a day⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Bath, South West
⏰ 30-12-2023🌏 Ringwood, South West