Update day: 08-11-2023
Job type: Full-time
Job contentTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Working as the Global Product Line Market Manager, you will drive the Global Product Line strategy across the Business Line Sales organization to increase market share. Set goals with the Sales organization and implement the PL market strategy through the PL global market teams.
Reporting to the Global Product Line Manager for Continuous Water Analyzers, you will work with Sales and support them through the entire sales process, including bids and proposals, to target the right market segments and establish the right sales coverage with the required technical knowledge to increase our product and services market share
- Participates in the Product Line strategy definition with the Product Line Manager. With the PL market management team, establish goals and KPI’s with the Sales organizations to implement this strategy at the PL level through local sales plans and support their execution.
- Works with sales on market penetration actions including AVLs for focused accounts and target OEMs.
- Owns and drives the forecasting process for the product line. Works with Sales to continuously improve market coverage for the product line in the respective clusters.
- Analyzes customer needs and competitor offers through general market information and information provided by local Sales organization. Provide input to product management to establish competitive product pricing. Ensures efficient marketing actions (e.g. product launches) and communication to local Sales organizations and customers and communicates the value proposition of the products, systems, service and packages.
- Lead the PL market management team to support the local Sales organization/customers in determining the most technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions and in the preparation of demanding offers as well as ensuring that technical sales support is available.
- Lead the bids and proposal PL team to ensure quick response and competitive offers. Provides pre-sales technical support, technical sales product presentations, negotiations, and product/solution/service-related training.
- Works with the Sales organizations to meet and exceed volume, mix and profitability targets for the product line. Manages discount requests according to the Table of Authority. Ensures that Sales are trained and qualified for the products. Engages in global sales pursuits for the product line.
- Takes ownership of specific customer cases to ensure efficient customer issue resolution. Responsible for analyzing lost proposals to increase future competitiveness.
- Responsible for both the long-term growth plans and the yearly budgets at the PL level. Perform regular reviews with PL area market managers, PLM’s and Sales. Provide quote activity reports. Requests country sales forecasts and provides consolidated PL forecasts to factories to ensure proper production planning
- Proven track record of success in delivering against sales targets
- 10+ years’ experience in sales leadership
- Strong knowledge of international B2B in manufactured/engineered products
- Excellent skills in communication, stakeholder management, and negotiation.
- Strong personal leadership with a proven track record of creating, motivating and empowering multi-cultural teams to perform
- Degree educated or relevant experience, preferably with an engineering or scientific background.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 35% - 40%.
- Experience of managing international sales with a range of routes to market, including 3rd party sales organizations
- Prior expertise of online water analysers
- Knowledge of municipal, industrial and energy markets
- Prior experience of managing diverse teams in multiple locations
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 £24,000 - £26,000⏰ 27-12-2023🌏 Stroud, South West
⏰ 26-12-2023🌏 Exmouth, South West
⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Andover, South West
⏰ 05-01-2024🌏 Cheltenham, South West
⏰ 29-12-2023🌏 Corsham, South West
💸 £10.80 - £11.00 an hour⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Exeter, South West
💸 £10.42 an hour⏰ 28-12-2023🌏 Taunton, South West
⏰ 05-01-2024🌏 Honiton, South West
⏰ 26-12-2023🌏 Barnstaple, South West
⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Newton Abbot, South West