Update day: 05-11-2023
Category: Legal / Contracts
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
- Job Reference: JO0000002145
- Date Posted: 20 July 2021
- Recruiter: Ryder Reid Legal
- Location: City of London, London
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Finance / Accounts, Other Legal
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Our client, a leading UK law firm, is looking to recruit a Reporting & Analytics Developer (Finance) on a permanent basis. Reporting into the Head of Business Architecture & Design, the Reporting & Analytics Developer will be key member of a progressive and developing Financial Systems and Analysis team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT ARE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Developing analytics and reporting capabilities to facilitate the conversion of data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions.
- Design and develop data models using T-SQL, Stored Procedures and functions.
- Design and develop reports and dashboards using SSRS, Power BI, Excel and other reporting technologies in use at the firm
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources or other line of business systems to build into the Data Warehouse and / or reports.
- Minimise the duplication of data and logic to achieve the ’single source of the truth’.
- Collaborating with business analysts and internal stakeholders to gather and document business requirements.
- Leveraging best practice methodology to support the consolidation of data sources and streamlining the firm’s reporting architecture.
- Support the team’s efforts in making improvements to data quality, accuracy, completeness, consistency and reliability.
- Identify, test and fix bugs / issues.
- Provide advice and analysis to senior colleagues (both lawyer and business services) with respect to the firm’s reporting capability.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with Microsoft SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services 2016 & 2019) required, SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), and SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services) preferred.
- Experience with BI tools, including Microsoft Business Intelligence Development Studio and Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Strong data analysis and data-warehouse development skills in SQL Server with experience of designing and building multi-dimensional data warehouse models and downstream cubes/marts - creating tables, views, stored procedures, indexing and performance tuning, and ETL processes.
- Experience of building front end BI solutions/dashboards using reporting and visualisation tools such as Power BI (DAX), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and Excel (including Power BI).
- Ability to build relationships and focus on delivering excellent customer service.
- Proactive, hands-on approach, a self-starter who can take the initiative and work both independently and collaboratively as part of a fully integrated team.
- This is a challenging role for someone with a strong analytical, pro-active and professional approach.
- Professionally certified (Microsoft stack)
- Proven hands-on experience of developing BI solutions within a professional services environment, ideally a law firm but not essential.
- Innovative and flexible.
- Confident manner and personal impact to command the respect of peers and colleagues.
- Energy and enthusiasm to manage new initiatives.
If this fantastic opportunity maybe of interest to you, please get in touch with Ryder Reid today!
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 £45,000 - £50,000 a year⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 London
💸 £40,000 - £60,000 a year⏰ 15-12-2023🌏 London
⏰ 15-12-2023🌏 London
💸 £38,000 - £40,000 a year⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 London
⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 London
⏰ 27-12-2023🌏 London
💸 £63,227 - £70,253 a year⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 London
💸 £22,000 a year⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 London
💸 £60,000 - £80,000 a year⏰ 18-12-2023🌏 London
⏰ 15-12-2023🌏 London